TanglewoodWilliam Giddings Farrington developed Tanglewood beginning in the 1930s. Tanglewood opened in 1949. The Farrington family took the name Tanglewood from “Tanglewood Tales” by Nathaniel Hawthorne. The book was a favorite of Farrington’s daughter, Mary Catherine Farrington. In 1949, Tanglewood consisted of 15 sections. However, Phase one, just off Post Oak Lane, was developed with seven newly constructed homes touting air conditioning and 32 lots were listed for sale. At that time, this neighborhood was declared the most air-conditioned subdivision in the Southwest. Today, Tanglewood residents enjoy the benefits of the strict deed restrictions that govern front and side property setbacks. Additionally, prior to any new home construction, all house plans must be approved by the Tanglewood Architectural Control Committee.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.